Gold winner: RNN Serves up Success for IFEX
Food and drink enthusiasts from across Northern Ireland and even further afield were delighted to see the return of IFEX in March 2022 after a two-year absence, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
RNN Communications was briefed to create a comprehensive corporate and business communications campaign that would attract visitors and help return the exhibition to pre-pandemic levels.
What we delivered:
- Development of overall trade partnerships including editorials, online presence and social media amplification
- Developed a media map to outline all possible opportunities within Northern Ireland media, which was matched to the relevant IFEX stories
- Consistent monthly delivery of ‘show news'
- Exhibitor one-to-one roadshow and stakeholder engagement. This included meetings with all industry bodies to agree on partnerships and access to communication channels to reach members
- All show news was streamed to the organisations for syndication to members
- Appointed show ambassadors such as restauranteur, Michael Deane, CEO of Hospitality Ulster, Colin Neill and John Farrand from the Guild of Fine Food
- Q&As with ambassadors ran bi-weekly on the IFEX website and were shared on social media
- Launch photocall organised and national news release distributed
- Specific features were set up prior to the event with national media
- Ministerial engagement – RNN Communications invited a number of Ministers to attend IFEX, creating briefing documents and coordinating official visits
- Hosted multiple journalists and radio broadcasts during IFEX and throughout the three days. We also issued a variety of news releases to the national press
- With very active social media accounts, RNN Communications supported IFEX’s ongoing engagement by planning and implementing content during the campaign
- Over 6,000 visitors attended IFEX – on par with pre-pandemic levels – the target was 5,000
- Exhibitor space sold out pre-event
- 88 pieces of national coverage were generated throughout the campaign
- 100% national media coverage in Northern Ireland including two broadcasts from the event, interviews on BBC Radio Ulster and IFEX featured in all daily newspapers.
- Regional coverage exceeded 20 pieces including a front page
- Facebook and Instagram reach = 47,758 (1.2K increase).
What the CIPR PRide Awards’ judges said:
RNN Communications had a challenging brief against the backdrop of Covid’s impact on the events and hospitality industries. The campaign had clear targets, a sound strategy that leveraged influential stakeholders and their networks, and a blend of integrated tactics. Results were impressive with visitor and exhibitor numbers exceeding targets, sales figures growing and a high proportion of new stakeholders attracted to the event.